Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sauce, bones and meat, aka bull barbeque ribs

I grabbed a set of bull barbeque ribs from the shop, and probably for the first time ever, I get to try these myself - usually the ribs I've eaten come from pork instead of the bull.
Raw meat :)
Cooking the ribs doesn't take much - of course it would be nice if I had a grill for these, but oven works too since it's not really grill-friendly weather out there, the sky looks like it's ready to rip apart and pour all the water down at once any second now.

Oiled ribs
The ribs had already been marinaded by the manufacturer, but I decided to drizzle them with some Smokey Hickory BBQ Oil anyway, in hopes to get some smokey flavor in there too. I set the oven to around 125 degrees celsius, as the manufacturer suggests - or at least I hope I did, since like I explained in earlier blogpost, it doesn't have any markings left on it anymore.

Why aren't you ready yet?
Around half of the couple hours cooking time I decided to take a peek into the oven as seen above - and damn was that a lucky shot! If I hadn't taken a peek, I wouldn't have noticed that the meat was looking like it might start to dry up any minute now on some spots despite the fact that I added the barbeque oil before putting them in. More oil for the meat!

A plate straight from the heavens?
Together with ribs I used some iceberg salad, fresh cucumber and bell pepper, which I dressed with selfmade chili-mayonnaise (I might return to that mayonnaise and how to make it some day, who knows)

Well, was it any good? Yes it was, though it pretty much required me to have seasalt nearby to add some after every two bites or so, without it the flavour was just a bit too stale or pale for my taste.
But despite that, maybe the photo under shows well enough was it good enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment