Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nine little piggies, aka steaklets

Today I'm going to make some small steaks, which I translated into steaklets in lack of better word.
I'm using some pork steakfillet, already marinaded by the manufacturer fine for my taste, so there won't be any special spice mixes in use today.
Raw, sliced and beaten meat
First I cut the meat to around two to three cm (that's around 1 inch give or take for you who use ridicilous imperial units instead of the sensible metric system) thick, which I then beat with bare fist to around 1 cm or so. I also added some seasalt at this point to make the flavour really come out (and according to some myths, tenderize the meat more, though since it'll be only couple minutes 'till it's being fried, I doubt it even could make any difference whatsoever).

Fried steaklets
Frying is quite trivial matter - take one cast iron frying pan, add hot enough stove (I had it on "5") under it and real butter to fry the meats on. I didn't take time how long it took the porks to cook ready, but if you're not certain is it done yet, just take one of the thicker ones, cut it a bit and see if it's still red inside or did the pig enjoy a good tan on the inside too, already.

Omnom, ready to eat
On the plate to accompany the beeflets I took the basic iceberg lettuce, bell pepper & cucumber -combo, today dressed in sweet dressing.

I added some of the chilimayonnaise I used last night on the salad for the steaklets, though in hindsight, they really didn't need it, they were really juicy little steaks without the sauce too.
One way or the other, it didn't really do any harm either, it fitted the pork flavour like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment