Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Naan, or there and back

Today in Uncle Kaotika's Kitchen we'll be using naan-bread, perhaps in a bit different manner than usually, though - instead of having the naan-bread as it is next to the food, we'll be putting fillings between 2 portions of the bread.

The bread I'm using is Santa Maria's Lemon & Sweet chili seasoned Naan-bread, and it'll be filled with striped/cubed chicken fillet steak (ready in fruity marinade), fried onions, bell pepper, pineapple, mandarine, cucumber and salad, of course not forgetting some cheese, garlicsalsa and whatever I might bump into while making 'em.
As usual, I use real butter for frying instead of the hippymargarines or some such. First, I fried the chicken fillet steaks seasoning them only with seasalt, and placed them to rest and cool while I prepare the rest.
Scorched onions & salad
The onions got thrown to butter drizzled pan, and like too often, they got scorched a bit too much - luckily that won't ruin their taste, though!

For the salad, I chopped up some iceberg (also known as crisphead) lettuce, yellow and red bell peppers as well as some fresh cucumber, and threw in one can of preseved mandarine slices (without the juice!) - the dressing won't be added before it's set on the plate.
Too thin to be sliced in half :(
I originally meant to fill the naan-breads like pitas, but sadly they're too thin to be sliced in half at least with my skills, or lack of skills anyway. As a quick replacing solution, I just cut the breads in 4 pieces and put the fillings between two slices.

Ready for the oven
First I spread some garlicsalsa on the lower bread, on which I put the chicken pieces and fried onions. On top goes the grated cheese (as with the previous pizza, I used Valio Oltermanni), and finished off with few pineapple pieces.
Right before the oven I put some small butter bits on top of the top bread to finish the delicacy.
Omnomnom, out from the oven
After.. let's say 5-10 mins in oven, I took the tops off each bread, and put in some salad, garlic dressing and bell pepper mayonnaise.
This goes in to your mouth, NOW!
The result was nothing short of fantastic, the bread had small kick from the chili but not enough to be called hot, the oven made the naan-bread nice and crispy but not too much so it would break into pieces on first touch.
The salad is nice and fresh with the mandarine slices bringing some sweetness to make it perfect.
Suosittelen lämpimästi kaikkia kokeilemaan!

No comments:

Post a Comment